All-in-one foam sacrum dressing
Mepilex Border Sacrum
Five-layer foam dressing for pressure ulcer prevention and management of sacral wounds
Mepilex® Border Sacrum all-in-one dressing is the only five-layer foam sacral dressing proven to prevent pressure ulcers when used in conjunction with other standard prevention protocols
The design also creates an optimal healing environment for managing moderate- to high-exuding wounds of the sacral area. It effectively absorbs and retains exudate
The design includes Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So the dressing moulds softly to skin without sticking to the moist wound
- Proven to prevent pressure ulcers – by up to 88% – when used with other standard prevention protocols
- Protects against the extrinsic factors that cause pressure ulcers – pressure, shear, friction and micro-climate
- Mepilex® Border with Safetac technology minimises pain during dressing changes. Mepilex Border Sacrum incoporates the same Safetac technology
- Excellent fluid-handling capacity and retention
- Reduces risk of maceration
Further product information
When to use Mepilex Border Sacrum
Use Mepilex Border Sacrum for medium-to-high exuding sacral wounds, such as pressure ulcers or surgical excision of pilonidal cysts. The dressing maintains a moist wound environment, which supports debridement, so you might see an initial increase in the wound size. This is normal and to be expected.
Pressure ulcer prevention
A recent randomised controlled trial in the USA revealed a statistically significant effect of Mepilex Border Sacrum in reducing the incidence of hospital acquired pressure ulcers – by 88%
Note: the use of dressings as part of a prophylactic therapy does not preclude the need to continue to develop and follow a comprehensive pressure ulcer prevention protocol.
Mölnlycke related products
Mölnlycke Prevention ProgrammeSharing our knowledge
We work with healthcare professionals to improve outcomes and prevent needless suffering. Explore best practice and knowledge about pressure ulcers.