Holistic approach in wound infection prevention and management
Management and prevention
- Optimising the host response and treating the underlying pathology
- Reduce wound microbial load
- Promote environmental and general measures such as clean work environment and education
Cleansing with Granudacyn
Proven to protect against infection and reduce bioburden
We know that when it comes to challenging wounds, you can’t leave anything to chance. That’s why our silver dressings are always supported by high-quality evidence.
Less pain and trauma – not only at dressing changes
Only Mölnlycke® dressings combine the power of silver with Safetac® , a technology proven to minimise pain to patients and trauma to wounds
Shorter healing times, shorter hospital stays, fewer dressing changes, a reduced need for analgesia during dressing changes and reduced bioburden
The antimicrobial advantage
Antibiotic resistance is a global problem. That’s why many clinicians today advocate for antimicrobial stewardship
– a strategy of promoting proper use of antibiotics that includes finding safe, effective alternative methods for managing wound infection.
Evidence shows that antiseptics such as antimicrobial dressings are both potent and rapidly effective
– and that the risk of resistance to antimicrobial dressings is less of a threat than the overuse of antibiotics .
The evidence base for silver in wound management is significantly better than commonly perceived. If used selectively, silver not only has antimicrobial effects but is also characterised by an improvement in quality of life and good cost effectiveness
When to use our silver dressings
We believe that the major roles for our antimicrobial dressings are to:
EducationRelated Mölnlycke Advantage webinars