We are 99% owned by Patricia Industries – part of Investor AB
Investor AB is a leading owner of Nordic-based international companies, founded by the Wallenberg family in 1916.
History of Investor AB
The Wallenberg family has actively worked to support enterprise and science in Sweden since the mid-1850s, when André Oscar Wallenberg founded Stockholm’s Enskilda Bank. In 1916, Investor AB was established to own and manage the industrial holdings of the bank. Since then, Investor has evolved into a long-term, active and responsible owner of best-in-class companies.
Mölnlycke and Investor
In 2007, Mölnlycke was acquired by Investor and became the largest wholly-owned subsidiary within Patricia Industries. Patricia Industries is a division within Investor focusing on the wholly-owned portfolio and it works to develop each company to its full potential.
As Patricia Industries and Investor take a long-term approach to their investments, Mölnlycke is governed by the goal of delivering sustainable value over time.
Investor’s members of the Mölnlycke Board are Gunnar Brock (Chairman) and Christian Cederholm.
Investor ownership and governance
Investor is Northern Europe’s largest industrial holding company. It owns significant minority or majority interests in high-quality companies. Through its Boards of Directors, Investor actively works for continuous improvement of the performance of its portfolio companies. The Wallenberg Foundations is Investor’s largest shareholder.
Wallenberg Foundations was set up by the family in 1917 to fund important scientific and academic research beneficial to Sweden. Since inception, over SEK 25 billion has been granted to research.
Patricia Industries' family of companies consists of wholly-owned subsidiaries, partner-owned companies and financial investments.
Our sister companies in Patricia Industries include:
• Aleris, Scandinavian private healthcare and care provider
• BraunAbility, a US leading producer of wheelchair accessible vehicles and wheelchair lifts
• Laborie, Canadian producer of advanced diagnostic and medical equipment for pelvic floor and gastrointestinal disorders
• Grand Group, owner of the Grand Hôtel and the Lydmar Hotel in Stockholm, Sweden
• Permobil, a leading Swedish producer of advanced rehabilitation solutions such as powered and manual wheelchairs and seating solutions
• Vectura, manager of Investor AB’s real estate assets and provider of care facilities for Aleris
• 3 Scandinavia, a mobile and broadband service operator in Sweden and Denmark
Listed Core Investments
Beyond Patricia Industries’ investments, Investor is also a significant minority owner in a range of public companies, including:
• Atlas Copco
• Husqvarna Group
Investor was one of the founders of EQT and has been a sponsor of its funds since its inception. EQT is a private equity group with portfolio companies in Europe, US and Asia.
'To move from the old to what is about to come, is the only tradition worth keeping.'
Marcus Wallenberg (1899-1982)
This motto originates from a letter written by Marcus Wallenberg (1899-1982) to his brother Jacob Wallenberg (1892-1980), commenting on the sale of the family’s railroad business and new investments in aviation. This guiding principle still applies to how Investor works today.